- Strict TDWB (Touch Down Weight Bearing) with crutches
- Brace Locked in extension
- May remove brace for ROM/hygeine
- Unlimited ROM as tolerated (Passive, Active Assist)
- Quad sets, co-contraction, ankle pumps
- Advance to PWB (Partial Weight Bearing) (50%) weeks 6-8
- May advance WBAT (Weight Bearing As Tolerated) after week 8
- Unlock brace, D/C crutches when quad function adequate.
- May wean from brace after 8 wks as tolerated.
- Full unlimited Active/Passive ROM. Advance as tolerated.
- Continue SLR, Quad sets. Advance to light open chain exercises, mini squats.
- Begin hamstring strength week 10.
- Full gait with normalized pattern
- Full ROM
- Begin treadmill walking
- Progress to balance/Proprioception exercises.
- Initiate sport specific drills
16 Weeks and Over:
- Advance closed chain exercises
- Focus on single leg strength
- Begin light Plyometric program
- Emphasize single leg loading
Please note that these instructions are general guidelines to be followed; however, any written or verbal instructions provided by Dr. Nwachukwu supersede the instructions below and should be followed.